TIck tock tick tock
So the waiting game begins, final TMA submitted and marked and now 'awaiting release'
This cruel twist means I have to wait up to 8 weeks, I have done 4 and another 4 to go - amazing skills, maybe I should switch my degree to Mathematics!
So meanwhile the constant self-doubt continues and makes it very difficult to make a decision about my degree pathway and next module.
Options I am considering so far:
- From a practical note I think to move over to English Language and Literature may be a good move, it has become apparent in all my feedback that my English Grammar skills are not as good as I had perhaps thought and that there is room for a substantial amount of improvement. This would eventually open open work such as proof reading, copywriting and content writing work. All of which are interesting to me and I know would be the kind of work I could do remotely and more importantly freelance.It does also retain a Creative Writing module so I am not totally moving away from that.
- Signing up for Cultures as my next module, this means I can leave my degree as it is for now and it does open up the choice to so Art History and Visual Cultures if I decide to. The problem with this is that my last TMA was using the subjects Art History and History and until I get the feedback it is so hard to know if I have done well or just average and if so then surely it would be foolish to try and follow that route. But at this point staying with my current degree would not be a bad outcome anyway. Changing nothing is an option.
- Another option is the History route or even History and Politics but I can not see that this will equip me with any sort of skills that I can use in the future so I think I have drawn a line through that one. The same goes for the social sciences, I know I would enjoy the courses but I have no desire to work in any of those areas so I feel it would be hard to sustain over another 5 years.
- I then keep coming back to the fact that at any time I could change to an Open Degree and that would not be a bad thing so remember to breathe and relax and remember that you started this journey for your own fulfillment and pleasure and focus on that.
In summary, I think I will move to English Language and Literature but will decide once I have my final TMA result.
Books I have read recently
Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell - Oh it was as wonderful as everyone said. A little bit like when I read Girl, Woman, Other, I expected it to be good as it had won so many prizes and general plaudits however I did not expect it to touch me the way it did. Very tempted to read it again but have so many on my TBR pile it may have to wait.
The Dry and Force of Nature by Jane Harper - both really excellent crime thriller stories set in Australia. A recommendation by Ann Cleeves on a podcast last year and both picked up in a charity shop, another Ann Cleeves recommendation was Brian McGilloway The Last Crossing which was brilliant. so the lesson is take recommendations from your own favourite authors and you can't go wrong.
Currently listening to
'Make your own kind of music' by Cass Elliot for morning inspiration and 'All eyes on me' by Tupac for just general good vibes.
Comments
Post a Comment