Reflecting brightly
Totally blown away to receive such great feedback and score for my last TMA, the reflective piece.
I knew I had structured it well and I thought I had gone a bit OTT on the referencing that I had cited but it was an honest account and I think that showed. I had clearly been able to rein in my inner self-critic as the I was praised for my 'positive and strategic approach'.
Gathering information and notes for my next and last TMA and I do not actually feel as overwhelmed as I had done in the past, there is a lot to cover and I just keep having the internal dialogue of 'not too much historical narrative'. Keeping to the evidence and selecting sources is going to be my focus and trying to ensure that I do not go off topic and keep coming back to the question, I have realised that my mind does wander off in different directions when I am thinking about different aspects to a topic, although it is easy to get drawn in to the parts you are most personally interested in coming back to the question is the key to success. Just need to reflect on that when I am reading back to myself, this advice from my tutor is going on a post it to remind me of this step when writing.
I worked through the guidance quite methodically on the reflective piece and I think that helped, although it seems very tedious to use the guidance like a to-do list it definitely helps with the marking scheme and I think with most things getting into the idea that you need to work within the way the tutors are being asked to mark will mean a good outcome.
Other things I have recently enjoyed:
This Lovely City by Louise Hare - an uncomfortable read but brilliant imagery and really takes you to that time and place.
Loot by Barnaby Phillips - bought after watching a talk with the author and as a way of getting more into the story of Benin art.
Jews don't count by David Baddiel - popped up on my Library app, read it within a day and it was a really easy read giving a point of view which is not often heard.
Quote of the week
'The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off'
Gloria Steinem
Comments
Post a Comment