Wobble
When you are having a wobble, how do you steady yourself?
Finding it really hard to wade through the self doubt and anxiety to see the good that I have done. A year ago I would not have know how to start to write an essay like the one I have just received back. Yet, when faced with a slightly decreased mark and STILL not managing to improve the analysis part of my writing all I can think is 'Shall I carry on?', 'should I change subject?', 'should I even bother?'.
I took my advice from last time and slept on it, read it again, noted down the positives, looked at the mark in context and also realised that I am just in a generally bad mood this week. Job dissatisfaction, lack of prospects, lack of inspiration, lack of any Va-va-voom at all!
In other news I have found the reflective assignment quite useful and am determined not to write it in a self pitying style.
Recent reads
Black and British by David Olusoga which should be a history textbook IMHO
The shortest history of England by James Hawes
Leonard and Hungry Paul by Ronan Hession (again as it the literary equivalent of the perfect cup of tea)
Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones (fast becoming one of my favourite authors)
Comments
Post a Comment